Ritchey WCS C220 Carbon Matrix Stem 2015
Ritchey’s WCS C220 stem rivals the light weight and high strength performance of the C260 stem, providing a cockpit that tracks straight and true, while making installation and removal easier than ever through its new press-fit handlebar clamp interface and forward-facing hardware. Borrowing the design from the tried and true Ritchey Trail Stem, the C220 handlebar clamp wraps a full 220 degrees over the handlebar to create a more resilient stem-to-bar interface. This aligns the bolt forces with the clamp so that the stem body “hugs” the handlebar, making it much gentler, yet secure on lightweight carbon bars. Additionally, this clamp design allows for a lighter faceplate without expensing strength or stiffness.
The Carbon Matrix Stem’s body employs forged 7075 aluminum with a stiffness-enhancing carbon exoskeleton to increase rigidity by 12% over the WCS alloy C220 stem. Premium quality CrMo steel bolts put a strong finishing touch on a very strong stem.
- Material: 3d forged 7075, carbon encased body
- 4 x 4mm coated CrMo steel forward-facing faceplate bolts
- 2 x 4mm coated CrMo steel offset steer tube clamp bolts
- 5Nm torque max on all hardware
- Compatible with all 31.8 bars
- Press-fit clamp design installs and removes like a standard stem
- Lengths: 70-130mm
- Angle: 84/6 degree
- Steerer Height: 42mm
- Steerer: 1-1/8″
- Faceplate Width: 42mm
- Matte UD Carbon Finish
- Claimed Weight: 126g (110mm)